---Prison Riot leaves 44 Dead and 30 Zeta Escapees

12

---Prison Riot leaves 44 Dead and 30 Zeta Escapees

Havana
This post was updated on .
Governor confirms 30 Zetas escaped and the 44 dead in  prison riot

UPDATE

Martes 21 de febrero de 2012
Patricia Salazar / Corresponsal | El Universal

  The list of the escaped prisoners are as follows Jonathan Israel Flores Guerrero, Jaime Román Rodríguez Rincón, José Ricardo Barajas Lopez, Edgar Gabriel Hernández Pérez, Erick Hernandez Ascaño, Gerardo Garcia Rodriguez, Oscar Manuel Bernal-Soriano who is designated as one of the leaders of the criminal group 'The Zetas- '.   Also, Juan Alcorta Christopher Flores, Manuel Bernardo Mendoza Gaytan, Francisco José Galván Gutiérrez, Hector Tinoco Rosvelt Huerta, Jose Hernandez Cruz, Francisco Javier Macias Puente, Miguel Alejandro Perez Cardenas, Adam Saenz Saenz, Dario Lopez Rosas and Jose Isidro Cruz Villarreal.   Loera Jose Manuel Perez, Rogelio Chacha Quintanilla, Jose Antonio Hernandez Montiel, David Alberto Villa Second, Izaguirre Edgar Adrian Ortiz, Eduardo Sandoval Cesar Padilla, Jesus Manuel Santiago Ordaz, Alejandro Ríos Aldo Flores.   addition Horacio Silva Garza, Juan Francisco Arguello Pastrana Gastelum Ruben Mendez, Jose Luis Muñoz Guzmán Blanco Gonzalez and Christopher Abad.

Medina de la Cruz stressed that in this mass escape of prisoners instructed the Attorney General of the State (PGJE) State Public Safety and intensify the search, the time to spread names and portraits in public places in them.   '' We offer a bag of up to 10 million pesos to those who help us effectively find and recapture them in this order was made ​​aware of the facts to the federal authorities to be Alert issued to national and international shrine to ascertain the whereabouts of the criminals,'' set.   Regarding the 44 victims, said that 42 of these have already been identified and remain to complete this process two cases.   In lamenting the violent death of these prisoners, the governor stressed that will support families of victims for funeral expenses, counseling and appropriate legal procedures to which a table was installed permanently in the coroner service local University Hospital.
The Governor of Nuevo Leon, Rodrigo Medina, announced that after the quarrel that arose yesterday between the criminal inmates Apodaca, leaving a balance of 44 dead, 30 prisoners escaped.

After disclosing their identities, at a press conference, the Governor stated that 25 of them are prosecuted for federal crimes.

He announced that there are elements to assume that the prisoners managed to escape with the connivance of some officials of the prison, who were dismissed from their posts and are under investigation.

Rodrigo Medina stated that the government is offering by offering a reward of 10 million pesos to anyone providing information leading to the recapture of the 30 defendants fugitives.

Nuevo Leon state public security spokesman Jorge Domene Zambrano said the riot broke out at about 2 a.m. in a high-security section of a state prison in the city of Apodaca outside the northern industrial city of Monterrey.

The fight between two cell blocks, each with about 750 prisoners, may have been staged as a cover for a prison break, he said. Domene said in counting the dead, officials discovered some prisoners missing, but didn't know yet how many.

Forty-four people died before state police regained control about two hours later.

Investigators are looking into whether the fight was started by members of the rival Gulf and Zeta cartels, once the same organization. Their split two years ago has caused a spike in violence in the region around Monterrey, Mexico's third-largest and once the country's symbol of development and prosperity.

The prison had members of both gangs, who were normally separated, fueling theories that the 17 guards on duty could have been involved. The prison director, the director of security and a supervisor also are being held, Domene said.

The victims died from makeshift knives and blows, Domene said, adding that no firearms were found among the prisoners.

Deadly fights happen periodically in Mexico's prisons as gangs and drug cartels stage jail breaks and battle for control of penitentiaries, often with the involvement of officials. Sunday's riot was one of the deadliest so far.

All 2,500 inmates in the prison were incarcerated for federal crimes, and as many as 70 percent had yet to be convicted, Domene said. The inmate population grew by 1,500 in the last year to 180 percent capacity, the result of a crackdown on organized crime and drug trafficking in the last year, he added.

More than 47,500 people have been killed in drug-related violence since 2006, when President Felipe Calderon intensified Mexico's crackdown on organized crime.

Families of prisoners protested outside the prison because they couldn't get information on the victims. Only 10 of the dead had been identified by late afternoon.

The Apodaca prison was also the scene of a fire last May that killed 14. Officials then said the blaze could have been caused by a short circuit, not a prisoner uprising.

The bloodshed Sunday was just the latest in a string of deadly prison riots in Mexico in recent years.

Thirty-one prisoners died in January during a prison riot in the Gulf coast city of Altamira in Tamaulipas state, which borders Texas. Another fight in a Tamaulipas prison in the border city of Matamoros in October killed 20 inmates and injured 12.

Last July, a riot at a prison in the border city of Juarez killed 17 inmates. Mexican authorities detained the director and four guards over that clash. Surveillance video showed two inmates opening doors to let armed prisoners into a room where the slain victims were reportedly holding a party.

Twenty-three people were killed in a prison riot in Durango city in 2010, and a 2009 riot in Gomez Palacio, another city in the northern Mexican state of Durango, killed 19 people.

-Earlier-

Public Safety spokesman of the government of Nuevo Leon, Jorge Domene Zambrano did not rule out that during the brawl that occurred this morning at the prison in Apodaca has been a distraction to breakout prisoners.

At a press conference, the official confirmed that during the riot which killed 44 inmates, of whom 10 have been identified and promised to be announced.

He noted that they're investigating whether the quarrel, which arose between members of the Gulf cartel and the Zetas, "could have been a distraction" for the escape of prisoners.

He said that although the deceased have been counted, there are still some that are absent in the counts that have been made inside the prison.

He said that the trustees are in a position to be held and questioned by director and deputy director of the prison.

He said that 17 custodians who are being held. They were in the areas where the quarrel arose.

"The prison has a 80% overcrowding," the two cellblocks D and C are the most over-population have responded to question by reporters.

In a moment more ... older posts

A prison riot in northern Mexico left about 44 people dead early Sunday, according to a security official.

Nuevo Leon state public security spokesman Jorge Domene Zambrano told Milenio television that the riot broke out at about 2 a.m. at a prison in the city of Apodaca outside of the northern industrial city of Monterrey.

He said authorities at the state prosecutor's office reported 44 dead.

A group of inmates in one cell block started to riot and took one of the guards hostage, Domene said. The riot then spread to a second cell block.

Authorities regained control of the prison within a couple of hours, he said.

Families of the prisoners were gathered outside Sunday morning, seeking word of the victims.

Deadly fights happen periodically in Mexican prisons as gangs and drug cartels stage jail breaks and battle for control of penitentiaries, often with the involvement of officials.

Some 31 prisoners died in January in a prison riot in the Gulf coast city of Altimara in Tamaulipas state, which borders Texas. Another fight in a prison in the Tamaulipas border city of Matamoros in October killed 20 inmates and injured 12.

In July, a riot at a prison in the border city of Juarez killed 17 inmates. Mexican authorities detained the director and four guards over that clash. Surveillance video showed two inmates opening doors to let armed prisoners into a room where the slain victims were reportedly holding a party.

Twenty-three people were killed in a prison riot in Durango city in 2010, and a 2009 riot in Gomez Palacio, another city in the northern Mexican state of Durango, killed 19 people.

http://www.informador.com.mx/multimedia/fotogaleria/8363/

http://www.notimex.com.mx/

http://excelsior.com.mx/index.php?m=nota&seccion=portada&cat=28&id_nota=811641

http://info7.mx:9000/a/

http://noticias.terra.cl/mundo/latinoamerica/motin-en-prision-de-mexico-deja-al-menos-20-muertos,812d580626695310VgnVCM3000009af154d0RCRD.html

Re: Riot in The Apodaca Leaves 44 Dead Caused By Fight Between the Gulf Cartel and Los Zetas

El Regio
44 less Golfas in this world.

Re: Riot in The Apodaca Leaves 44 Dead Caused By Fight Between the Gulf Cartel and Los Zetas

Havana
I knew you'd be pleased, Regio!  I'm not shedding any tears, myself.  Only disappointing thing is those vicious Zetas out there again.  It is like pulling teeth to get them incarcerated in the first place much less again....
Tex

Re: Prison Riot leaves 44 Dead and 30 Zeta Escapees

Tex
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Riot in The Apodaca Leaves 44 Dead Caused By Fight Between the Gulf Cartel and Los Zetas

El Regio
Havana wrote
I knew you'd be pleased, Regio!  I'm not shedding any tears, myself.  Only disappointing thing is those vicious Zetas out there again.  It is like pulling teeth to get them incarcerated in the first place much less again....
Lol yeah, but honestly any dead narco is a good dead narco. =D
Unfortunately I have a cousin in that prison, we have yet to hear from him, but fortunately he isn't on the losing list.

Hope they catch the escapees soon, but I doubt they will.
I can't believe they don't have their pictures up everywhere, nor do they seem to be looking for them. Here in the US they would be following their trail with dogs, people, check points, etc., but in Mexico, nothing! unbelievable.

Re: Riot in The Apodaca Leaves 44 Dead Caused By Fight Between the Gulf Cartel and Los Zetas

El Regio
Thanks Tex, you posted their pics as I was replying about no pics existing! lol

Tex

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Riot in The Apodaca Leaves 44 Dead Caused By Fight Between the Gulf Cartel and Los Zetas

El Regio
Thanks for the post though...

Re: Riot in The Apodaca Leaves 44 Dead Caused By Fight Between the Gulf Cartel and Los Zetas

Havana
I just updated  and posted those clowns without checking below.  Thanks Tex. You can read their signs so much better.

Re: Prison Riot leaves 44 Dead and 30 Zeta Escapees

†.©ĤİVǾ.†
Banned User
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Prison Riot leaves 44 Dead and 30 Zeta Escapees

El Regio
Turns out these Golfas were burned alive.

Re: Prison Riot leaves 44 Dead and 30 Zeta Escapees

Chivis
Administrator
any fotos of the bastard prison authorities and guards that allowed this?

I'll go look for the cretins, Chivis.  No tellin' if luck will be with me or not.
AJ

Yeah i agree with chivo. Kill these narcos. Prisons in mexico are a waste of time.
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Prison Riot leaves 44 Dead and 30 Zeta Escapees

Havana
I haven't come across a Mexican prison that acts like a prison is supposed to act yet. I always am saying this and thinking this if I'm not saying it, you know, seriously, when I think, I've heard the weirdest Mexican prison deviation, the next month something even wilder prison-wise happens that leaves me scratching my shaking head with my mouth hanging, wide open, only to shout, "You're not going to BELIEVE this one, this Mexican prison story.." For something so serious, Mexican prisons are a complete incredible joke. A joke that isn"t funny at all.

Without Capital punishment in Mexico, the prison system should be, at the very least, a reliable functioning part of the judicial system as a whole, and it is not.

Sorry this is written like a retard, I had 28 seconds before I had to leave. But you know what I'm saying? Right?

Re: Prison Riot leaves 44 Dead and 30 Zeta Escapees

Chivis
Administrator
Hey Havana...

I used your colorful poster of pieces of shit on mainpage.
The one i got from efe was incomplete and milenio's blurry... I want to give credit for the pic...donde?

Re: Prison Riot leaves 44 Dead and 30 Zeta Escapees

drattler
Let me be sure I understand this,prisoners riot take guards as hostages?? It is obvious that the prisoners do not FEAR the Guards and prison Officials WHY?? So the prison is overcrowded?  How many prisoners were shot on sight when the riot started? Why did the authoritys not solve the overcrowding issue in 5 minuits? Guards need to be treated like gods, the tail is wagging the dog in Mexican prisons.  Who is running this outfit??
AJ

Re: Prison Riot leaves 44 Dead and 30 Zeta Escapees

AJ
Yeah ive heard from people that Cereso in juarez is a prison that has restaraunts inside. That prostitutes are going in and out. That if you have money, you can buy yourself drugs, food, women, cell phones, etc.  Which is never investigated by the government. I don't know how it is now with the new mayor but i would bet that its probably the same.

Why do you think that all of the cartel bosses always fear getting transfered to maximum security prisons in the U.S.?

I say extreme justice or extermination of these infected rat narcos.
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Prison Riot leaves 44 Dead and 30 Zeta Escapees

Havana
This post was updated on .
Milenium Still Broadcasting!

Apod finished now.  I'll leave the TV for the artistic value.

<nabble_embed></nabble_embed>
AJ

Re: Prison Riot leaves 44 Dead and 30 Zeta Escapees

AJ
THis is NUTS man. This is complete anarchy. mexican criminals rule their country.
CHIVIS FOREVER
12