RARE/FASCINATING INTERVIEW W/EL MAYO & EL MAYO'S SON "A DEA INFORMANT"-WANTS IMMUNITY IN US;

RARE/FASCINATING INTERVIEW W/EL MAYO & EL MAYO'S SON "A DEA INFORMANT"-WANTS IMMUNITY IN US;

Chivis
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Two stories here...The second article: we have all seen the pic with El Mayo in that baseball cap, chin up, eyes down, obscurring his features...I personally never knew the story behind the hat, the photo, and the interview, his take on Forbes wealthiest list,  the great love for his first born son, his interesting take on apprehending capos (he & I are in agreement there)  and that he lives his life in fear.

Zambada Garcia, aka EL MAYO, one of the most wanted drug lords in the world, was interviewed somewhere in the Sinaloa's hills, by the founder of the Mexican magazine, Proceso , Julio Scherer.  this is a rough extract of the interview, concise, simplistic and a picture in which the face of the 60 year old drug lord can be barely seen for the very first time since the 70's. (He's the one with the baseball cap, the R letter stands for Reporter, and the M, stands for Mayo, the drug lord's nickname)----------------
.for the LIVE LEAK translated version of the rare interview with EL MAYO scroll to bottom, faScinating stuff...Paz, Buela

First story..Mayo's son claims to be a DEA informant and wants the "promised immunity"

El Mayo's Son Wants Immunity:
Lawyers for the drug- trafficking son of one of Mexico's most powerful kingpins contend he helped run the Sinaloa Cartel — and was a fugitive from charges in the United States — while at the same time acting as an informant for U.S. agents.

Jesus Vicente Zambada Niebla's legal team is launching the bombshell contention as part of an effort to convince a U.S. judge that charges should be dropped. They claim agents allegedly told Zambada he could keep breaking the law, and be immune from prosecution, in return for tips on rival cartels.

Federal prosecutors and the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration declined to comment on the case, which is playing out in Chicago. U.S. District Judge Ruben Castillo on Wednesday gave the government until September to respond to the allegations.

In the underworld:
 More than anything, the case speaks to the cutthroat, cloak-and-dagger world of Mexico's warring cartels, where authorities are desperate for intelligence on the crime syndicates that threaten Mexico's government institutions and move tons of illegal drugs into the United States each year.
 A motion by Zambada's lawyers states that as recently as 2008, he and a top cartel lawyer met at a Mexico City hotel with two DEA agents, and were again assured they were immune from charges.

His allegations are being raised as U.S. agents are taking a beating for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' bungled sting to catch weapons traffickers by letting a load of illegally purchased guns slip into Mexico. The load was lost. Dozens of guns reportedly turned up at crime scenes, including two where a Border Patrol agent was murdered.

Congressional investigators are looking into whether weapons smugglers were FBI informants.
 Perhaps the most infamous dealing with a trafficker turned government informant came to light in 2004, when an Immigration and Customs Enforcement snitch known as "Lalo" provided U.S. authorities with information on the Juarez Cartel, while at the same time overseeing the murders of cartel enemies.

Dealing while free:
 If true, the assertions by Zambada stand to reinforce widely held suspicions in Mexico that authorities play favorites by going after some cartels more than others.

"The relationships are always necessary," Mike Vigil, a retired chief of international operations for the DEA, said in regard to the use of international informants. "They are based on trading somebody that is bad for somebody who may be worse," Vigil said. "It is a situation where you sometimes have to dance with the devil to put worse criminals in jail."

The rarity in this case is that American law-enforcement authorities are accused of cutting a deal with a high-level trafficker when he was free and a major player in Mexico's strongest cartel, rather than when he was in custody and ripe for a deal for less prison time. Such was the case with Osiel Cardenas Guillen, who soon after being extradited from Mexico to Houston in 2007 agreed to help the U.S. government for leniency,

Zambada is the son of Ismael El Mayo Zambada, legendary in Mexico's underworld for helping lead the Sinaloa Cartel, whose presumed king is Joaquin Guzman, known as El Chapo, Spanish for shorty.
 Guzman, a fugitive from justice in the United States and Mexico, has made so much money with his dealings, he made Forbes list of billionaires. And like Guzman, the older Zambada is the subject of a $5 million reward by the U.S. government.

Vigil, the former DEA agent, said some informants provide information for money, others do it to get rid of rivals. He contends agents may look past previous crimes, but will not turn a blind eye to ongoing activities.  Jesus Zambada's American lawyers said U.S. agents clearly knew what Zambada was doing when they first agreed to a supposed verbal deal for immunity from past and future crimes.

Bruce Bagley, who studies narcotics trafficking at the University of Miami, said the allegations call into question the sincerity of U.S. efforts to dismantle Mexico's cartels. Fallout will be felt from Mexico to Washington, he said. "This is completely unacceptable. You are giving cover to lethal members, deeply involved in the drug trade that is fueling violence in Mexico and the United States," he said "It looks to me that where there is smoke, there is fire and there was some sort of a deal."

Listing the details:
Under the arrangement, Zambada contends he first provided information to his Mexican lawyer, who first met with agents in 1998 and also was granted immunity. Contact with the DEA became direct in 2008, with Zambada taking over what court papers call the post of "chief liaison" between the Sinaloa Cartel and the U.S. government.

Zambada had "extensive" interaction and meetings with the agents, known only as Manny and David, and met with them at a Mexico City hotel shortly before he was arrested by Mexican authorities and later extradited to the United States.

READ MORE ON HIS CASE-EXTRADITION HERE:  http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/laplaza/2010/02/alleged-druglord-vicente-zambada-extradited-to-us.html

http://currencytradinge.com/top-mexican-drug-lord-jesus-vicente-zambada-niebla-i-trafficked-cocaine-for-the-u-s-government.html

http://narcosphere.narconews.com/notebook/bill-conroy/2011/04/mexican-narco-trafficker-s-revelation-exposes-drug-war-s-duplicity

INTERVIEW WITH EL MAYO...HE SPEAKS OF HIS SON
RARE PHOTO TAKEN DURING INTERVIEW..AT RIGHT

Interview With Ismael Zambada Garcia aka "EL MAYO", One Of The Most Wanted Drug Lords in The world.

Ismael Zambada Garcia, aka EL MAYO, one of the most wanted drug lords in the world, was interviewed at an undisclosed location, somewhere in the Sinaloa's hills, by the founder of the Mexican magazine, Proceso , Julio Scherer, this is a rough extract of the interview, and a picture in which the face of the 60 year old drug lord can be barely seen for the very first time since the 70's. (He's the one with the baseball cap, the R letter stands for Reporter, and the M, stands for Mayo, the drug lord's nickname)---------------- R-I asked the Capo about Vicente "Vicentillo"
 M- He is my son, the first of five, i call him "mijo". He is also my compadre.
R- Zambada continued with his personal account:
M- I got my wife, five women, 15 grand sons and one great grand son. They, the six of them (the women), are here, in the ranchs, daughters of the bush, just like me. the bush is my home, my family, my protection, my land, the water i drink. The land is always good, the sky, is not.
 R- I don't understand.
M- sometimes the sky won't give us any rain.
R- There was a silence which i choose to broke the only possible way i could: Vicente?
 M- I don't want to talk about him right now. I don't know if he is in Chicago or in New York. I know he was in Matamoros though.
R- I have to ask you, this is what i am. And talking about your son, do you live his extradition with such remorse that it could tear into your fatherly love?
 M- Today i'm not talking about "mijo". I cry for him.
R– ¿Do we start recording?
(SILENCE).
R- I got a lot of questions, (i insisted already debilitated).
M- Some other day, you got my word on that.
R- As i was observing him. He stands up over 6ft tall and he posses a fortress-like body, far from a barely pronounced gut. He wears a green t-shirt buttoned up to the neck and his denim blue jeans keep the straight line of the well ironed clothes. He covers himself with a baseball cap and a mustache, the kind of mustache that propose a subtle and permanet irony.
 M- I have read all your books, and you don't lie (he tells me).
R- I stare at the Capo, his lips tighly close.
M- All of them lie, even Proceso lies. Your magazine is the first, informs more than the other magazines, but also lies.
 R- Can you site a case for me?
M- you talked about a wedding that didn't even existed.
 R- Chapo's wedding?
M- You even gave up details of that wedding.
R- Sandra Avila talked about a party she went and in which also Chapo was present.
M- I knew about that party, but it was an exception in Chapo's life. If him or me were to exibit ourselves that way, they would have had captured us already.
 R- Have you ever felt the army too close to you.
M- Yes, four times, but Chapo has more.
R- How close?.
M- Up in the sky, over my head. I escaped into the bush, of which i know his branches, the rivers, the stones, everything, if i keep myself quiet for a minute, or i'm careless, they could catch me, like they once did to Chapo. In order for us to meet today, i came from far away. And as soon as we're done, i will go away.
 R- Are you afraid to be captured?
M- I feel panic of being behind bars.
R- If you you get caught, would you end up with your life?
M- I don't know if i would have the arrests (balls) to kill myself. I want to think, yes, i would kill myself.
R-I found out the Capo is carefull with his words. He uses the term "arrests", and not the classic slang which i would naturally could have waited for. Zambada carries the bush in his body, but posseses his own confinement. His sons, his families, his grandsons, his son's and grandson's friends, all of them like to party. They frequently go to clubs and public places and the Capo can't come with them. He tells me that for him, there are no birthday parties, the celebrations, and the cakes for the kids, the happines of the quinceaneras, the music, the dancing.
R- Is there any moment for tranquility in you.
M- I'm always affraid
R- Always?.
M- Always
R- Will you finally get arrested?.
M- Any time now, or may be never.
R- Zambada is 60 years old and he got started in the drug trafficking business at 16. 44 years had passed which it gives him a great advantage on his today's prosecutors. He knows how to hide away, he knows how to escape and he is loved among the men and women where half of him lives, and half of him dies.
R- There hasn't appeared any traitor yet, he sudenly expresses to himself. I imagine him untreaseable.
 R- How did you get started into the narco traffic business?, his answer makes me smile.
M- Just because.
R- ¿Just because?
R- Just because? i ask again.
M- Just because, (he answers again).
 R- There is no way in through to that conversation and i keep myself to my own ideas: The narco as an irresistible and pitiless magnet that follows the money, the power, the yatchs, the airplanes, the women, own and of others with the big houses and buildings, the jewels as colorful marbles to play with, the brutal impulse that leads to the summit. In the capacity of the narcotraffic exists, terrifier without any horizon already, the capacity of crushing.
 Zambada doesn't ignore the prosecution the government has unleashed to capture him. That's their right and duty. However, he despises the army's barbaric actions. The soldiers, he says, brake doors and windows, they penetrate into the intimacy of the homes, they plant and spread terror. In this unleashed war they find inmediate responds to their actions. The result is the number of victims that grow unstopable.The capos are their targets, even though they are the unique figures of past times.
 R- And what are they? i ask.
R- Zambada responds with a fantastic example:
M- Let's say one day i decide to gave myself up to the government so they can execute me by fire squad. My case should be an example, a lesson to everybody. They execute me and euphory explodes, but while days pass by, we would find out that nothing has changed.
R- Nothing after the fall of the Capo?.
M- The problem with the narco wrap millions of people up. How to dominate them? and about the captured, dead and extradited Capos, their replacements are out there already.
R- To Zambada's judgement, the government came to late to this war and there is nobody who can solve in days, the problems generated in years. With the government, infiltrated from the bottom up, time did it's "job" within the heart of the system and the corruption grew it's roots in the country. To he president, his collaborators cheat on him. They are liars and they inform him about advances that there are not true in this lost war.
 R- Why is it lost?
M- The narco is within the society, rooted like the corruption
 R– And what do you do now?
M– I work in agriculture and livestock farming, but if i can do a "business" in the united states, i do it.
R- I was pretending to dig in about the capo's fortune and i choose to use the Forbes magazine to get this topic into our conversation, i stared to his yes, faking to be anxious, "did you know that Forbes magazine includes Chapo among the biggest millionaires in the world?"
 M- That's foolish.
 R- I had on my lips the following question, now superflous, but i couldn't contain it anymore.
R- Could you figure in the Forbes list?
M- I already told you, that's foolish.
R– Is very well known your friendship with El Chapo Guzman and it couldn't bring any attention the fact that you could had been waiting for him outside of the Puente Grande prison the day he escaped. Could you tell me in which way did you lived that particular story?
M– "El Chapo" Guzmán and i are friends and compadres and we call eachother on the phone frequently. But that story never existed. It's another lie they are trying to pin on me. Like the invention about me planning a hit on the President. I could never thought of that.
R– Zulema Hernandez, Chapo's mistress, told me about the corruption prevaling in Puente Grande and about the way that corruption made it easier for Chapo to escape. Do you have any knowledge about what whent down that day and how things were developing?
M– I know that there was no bloodshed, only one dead. I don't know anything else.
R- With an unespected question, Zambada surprises me:
M- Are you interested in Chapo?
R- Yes, of course.
M– Would you like to see him?.
R- I came to see you.
M- Would you like to see him?.
R- Of course.
M- I'm gonna call him, may be you could see him.
R- Our conversation comes to an end. Zambada, standing up, walks under the sun's plenitude and again, he suprises me:
M-How about a picture?
R- I felt an absolutly unexplainable heat inside of me. The picture was the proof the authenticity of the encounter with the capo.
Zambada called one of his bodyguards and he asked him for his hat, he put it on, white, of fine quality.
M- How do you like it?
R- That hat it's so bright, it takes the personality off of you.
M- What about the cap?
R- I think so.
R- The bodyguard aimed with the camera, and shoots..

SRG

Re: RARE/FASCINATING INTERVIEW W/EL MAYO & EL MAYO'S SON "A DEA INFORMANT"-WANTS IMMUNITY IN US;

SRG
Where can i find the article on chapos wedding?

Re:(footage chapo/wife?) RARE/FASCINATING INTERVIEW W/EL MAYO & EL MAYO'S SON "A DEA INFORMANT"-WANTS IMMUNITY IN US;

Chivis
Administrator
I remember readng about the lavish celebration...but there were not any photos so it always remained one of those mysteries of did/did not happen.

I searched a bit but could not find much detail or the article, I did find this video, footage of Chapo's perp walk...and in the video he is dancing with the girl I believe was the wife in question...

http://wn.com/ernesto_cardenal?upload_time=all_time&orderby=rating

Re: RARE/FASCINATING INTERVIEW W/EL MAYO & EL MAYO'S SON "A DEA INFORMANT"-WANTS IMMUNITY IN US;

ArmChairIntellect
Thanks Buela for the translation, my translator sucks, I read the interview when it came out but its just not the same.  I really appreciate it when you guys take the time and do this for us

Re: RARE/FASCINATING INTERVIEW W/EL MAYO & EL MAYO'S SON "A DEA INFORMANT"-WANTS IMMUNITY IN US;

Chivis
Administrator
I can't take the credit for the translation...LIVE WIRE...did a great job both in translation and in editing

the interview is intriguing to me.  A birdseye view into the life of a capo, not so great...all that money and 24/7 still looking over the shoulder and living in fear.

I want the Chapo interview!

Re: RARE/FASCINATING INTERVIEW W/EL MAYO & EL MAYO'S SON "A DEA INFORMANT"-WANTS IMMUNITY IN US;

final sleep-2
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.